Important note: These pages contain material that will help you to study for OCR GCSE maths modules. The material is organised in a similar way to the official course textbooks, but this website is not connected to OCR in any way.
You will take three module exams:
- Unit A is worth about 25% of your final mark. The exam is one hour long. You are expected to use a calculator in this exam.
- Unit B is worth about 25% of your final mark. The exam is one hour long. This is a non-calculator exam.
- Unit C is worth about 50% of your final mark. The exam is two hours long for the Higher Tier and 1.5 hours long for the Foundation Tier. You are expected to use a calculator in this exam.
Each module is offered at two tiers:
- Higher is for students working at grades A*-D
- Foundation is for students working at grades C-G
Modules take place in November, January and June. Your teacher will tell you which exam you are taking next and when it will be.
Revision materials for the modules:
I am planning to have some materials online by September 2011.
I was working on revision materials for the modules, but my school has now subscribed to the very excellent MyMaths.co.uk, which has lots of excellent materials for revision. There are lots of changes planned to GCSE maths in the near future, so I’ve decided not to spend lots of time making things for this site that will end up getting scrapped! I will be working on some learning resources, watch the news page for more details.