As asked by some of my students:
1. How much money do you make from this site?
None at all. In fact it costs me money to run it.
MoreThanMaths.com does not charge any fees, nor does it carry advertising or sponsorship. I’m planning to keep it that way forever if I can – so far I’ve managed to keep costs within limits that I can afford to sustain.
2. How long did it take you to make the site?
To be honest, I don’t know the answer to that, but it would be a lot of hours!
3. How do you make a website?
4. How do you get a cool name for your site?
That bit normally costs money! You can buy domain names (like I did for MoreThanMaths.com). The price depends on the name you choose (for example .com names are usually more expensive than .co.uk names). It also depends on which company you buy from – they don’t all charge the same prices.
5. Why haven’t you got more games on your site?
- Games take ages to create. Since I’m working on this site as a spare time / hobby activity, I have limited time to devote to it.
- Games also require a lot of knowledge about scripting/coding to make them work. I’m learning about Actionscript (which makes Flash games work), but I’m still a beginner, so I haven’t got the skills to make complex games yet. I’m working on that.
A few more FAQs, as asked by assorted people via email:
6. Will you promote my product/service on your site?
No. This site does not carry advertising or sponsorship.
7. Will you add a link to my site?
Unlikely. As noted above, this site does not carry advertising or sponsorship.
I only add links if I think they are interesting or useful for my students. I’m happy to share ideas, but I don’t respond to requests from anyone who is only interested in marketing their own site or playing SEO games.
8. Can I write a guest post?
If you are one of my students, the answer is maybe – come and talk to me about what you have in mind.
If you are anyone else, the answer is no – this site does not carry advertising or sponsorship.
Any other questions?
Hit the contact me link, or leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.